- Written by Dave DeGroote Dave DeGroote
We're trying out putting photos from Flickr on the website using tags. This will allow anyone that took pictures of an NVRC event to upload them to Flickr, tag them, and have them appear on the web page for that event. See the Arts Fest pages for examples and the following for instructions:...
- Select "Upload Photos and Video" in the upper right of your home page.
- Select "Choose Photos and Video" and find the photos you want to upload from your computer.
- Set the privacy to "Public" so the website will have access to them.
- Click "Upload Photos and Video"
- Click "add a description"
- Add a title, description, and tags to each photo
- Click Save
If you add a title & description to the photos they will appear on the website as a popup when people hover over that photo with the mouse. This will just be the file name of the photo if you leave the default title there.
To make sure we only get relavant pictures, the tags need to be unique collection for each event. Usually this will be our website address followed by the event website address and a year. If that isn't unique we'll also add an additional tag such as 10K or "Kids Races". If the event doesn't have a website we'll create a unique tag for that event.
For example, the 2010 arts fest races use the following tags:
- nvrun.com 2010 arts-festival.com 10K
- nvrun.com 2010 arts-festival.com 5K
- nvrun.com 2010 arts-festival.com Kids
- nvrun.com 2010 arts-festival.com 10K 5K
For the 2008 Mountainback the tags would be:
- nvrun.com 2008 tusseymountainback.com
A few people have had problems getting tags to work at first. Here's a post from flickr help that talks about a few things that could cause this:
- If your account is new it needs
to be reviewed by flickr before it shows up in
public searches. You can tell by going here to see if
it's been reviewed yet. It should be set to safe after it's reviewed.
- Check here to make sure your account isn't set to hide your photos from searches.
- Click on "Flag your photo" to the
lower right of each picture and make sure they're set to "safe", and
hide from search isn't set.
[flickr tag="nvrun.com" user=all sort=date-taken-asc limit=10].
Flickr badge test: